Security Officer 2Yrs of Security or Military Exp - Construction Zone Downtown, NYC
Compensation: $98,470.00 - $53,240.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Law Enforcement
Loading some great jobs for you...
We are North America s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!Job Description
Allied Universal is looking to employee former Military personnel or Security Officers with more than 2 years of security experience to safeguard a luxury Mall / transportation hub in the World Trade Center area of Manhattan.
- Part Time but can lead to Full Time.
- Officers should be flexible with shift availablilty.
- Work Days: Monday-Sunday
- Shifts Available: 2:30pm-11pm and 10:30pm-7am
- Scheduled work days include the weekend.
- Rate of pay is $19.79 an hour.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting patrols within the vicinity of their post location
- Respond to any access control violations in a timely matter and providing updates upon intercepting the individual who has created the access control violation.
- Provide customer service to patrons and facility clients.
- Enforcing Rules and Regulations.
- Be at least 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Valid guard card/license, as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Associated topics: alarm, canine detection, casino, guard, patrol, safety report, school, security, surveillance, university
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...