Western Massachusetts Hospital is a 100 bed Joint Commission Accredited hospital that specializes in providing in-patient services to individuals in need of ventilator/respiratory, end of life care, neuromuscular, Alzheimer's and chronic care. We are looking for an energetic part-time (32 hour) third shift Registered Nurse I with less than one year of experience working as a Registered Nurse in a recognized hospital, clinic or medical facility, to provide health care to patients of an acute long-term care hospital. Successful candidates should possess a current Massachusetts Registered Nurse License and current certification in American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED). Generous benefits for full and part time employees include:
* 75% state paid medical insurance premium
* Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
* Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
* Low cost basic and optional life insurance
* Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
* 11 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
* Tuition Remission for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
* Short-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
* Incentive-based Wellness Programs
* Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
* Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
* Vacation, sick, personal and holiday time are prorated. Consider joining our dynamic team of health care professionals in a work environment a that provides high staff to patient ratio and delivers high quality care to all patients on all units. Enjoy the opportunity to provide quality services in a long-term care setting where familiar faces are the norm rather than the exception.
Must be able to work 40 hours per week for the first 5-7 weeks of orientation, 7:00-3:30.
* A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit
* Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division's Hiring Guidelines
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's website.
For questions, please contact Human Resources at 413-###-####.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must have at least (A) one year of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience as a registered nurse in a recognized hospital, clinic or medical facility, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A Graduate degree with a major in Nursing may be substituted for the required experience .*
* Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL LEVELS IN SERIES: Current and valid registration as a professional nurse under the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing.
* Recent graduates from an approved school of nursing must have applied for the first available registered nurse examination.
Based on assignment, possession of a current and valid Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Operator's license may be required.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Associated topics: ccu, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse, nurse rn, psychatric, registered nurse, surgery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.