Registered Nurse - PRN
Pinnacle Senior Care, a CHAP accredited leader in skilled home health is leading the way into the future with its dynamic chronic care home health model. Pinnacle Senior Care is a partner of US Medical Management and owned by a Fortune 250 company.
- Competitive Compensation
- Mileage Reimbursement
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Supervisor/Clinical Manager, the PRN RN Case Manager provides intermittent skilled nursing services, communicates the patient s progress with other disciplines, and directs, supervises, and instructs home health aide staff in the provision of personal care to the patient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the physician s order, admits patients eligible for home care services.
- Assess and evaluates patient needs.
- Develops and updates the patient care plan.
- Provides intermittent Skilled Nursing services including assessment, evaluation, and procedures, teaching, and training activities.
- Submits change orders per agency policy.
- Participates in Process Improvement program by assisting with collection of data and serves on PI team upon request.
- Performs all OASIS time point assessment per Medicare Criteria and submits recertification paperwork per agency policy and procedure.
- Supervises Home Health Aides.
- Acts as a preceptor in the orientation of new nursing staff as requested.
- Attends staff meetings, team conferences, and educational in-services per agency requirements.
- Participates in the discharge planning process.
- Follows agency policies and procedures.
- Performs these and all other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- A current unencumbered State professional Nurse License.
- One year experience as a home care professional nurse.
- An automobile to be used for work, current driver s license, good driving record and proof of insurance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with EMR.
- The ability to assess and document patient needs and formulate individualized patient care plans.
Associated topics: care, ccu, intensive, maternal, mhb, nurse, nurse rn, staff nurse, transitional, unit