Good Samaritan Hospital is a 474 bed acute care hospital. Our acute care hospital is located in the heart of Silicon Valley with two locations, the main campus in San Jose and Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos. Good Samaritan Hospital is recognized as a leader in neurosciences, high-risk obstetrics, comprehensive cancer services, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques. We were the first of five hospitals in the country and the first in Santa Clara County to become a Stroke Certified Hospital.
The 3 CVP East Telemetry Nursing teams are dedicated, healthcare providers with excellent services for patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
Schedule: 0.8 (32 hours weekly), Shift: Evenings with weekends rotate.
Under general supervision, provides clinically competent professional nursing care.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for patient assessment, development, implementation and coordination of the patients plan of care including the medical treatment plan and the evaluation of patient treatment. The Registered Nurse will function within the full scope of the RN licensure, according to the California Nursing Practice Act.
The Registered Nurse has primary accountability for monitoring patient outcomes. As the team coordinator of the patient care team (including but not limited to: physicians, registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, technicians, and support and clerical staff), the Registered Nurse collaborates, directs, delegates, assigns, guides and serves as a resource to the department and the patient care team for patient care delivery.
The Registered Nurse promotes a cooperative working relationship with care team members, physicians, other disciplines and the public by facilitating and enhancing communication, displaying honesty and respect, displaying sensitivity to cultural and age differences, and expressing and accepting feedback in a professional manner.
The Registered Nurse supports the mission, philosophy and goals of the Good Samaritan Hospital.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Current California Registered Nurse License.
2. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification.
3. Advanced Life Support (ACLS, NIHSS) certification as required by specific hiring department criteria.
1. A Registered Nurse who has one (1) year of full-time equivalent or more prior experience as a Registered Nurse.
2. Ability to learn and utilize computerized patient care management system.
3. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
4. Must maintain confidentiality. Associated topics: bsn, care unit, intensive, mhb, nurse, nurse clinical, nurse rn, registed, staff nurse, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.