SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the SBC Credit Card Operations Manager, the SBC Credit Card Collections Supervisor is responsible for the effective operation of the department that assists consumer and commercial customers with collections transactions. The incumbent is also responsible for developing and maintaining guidelines, procedures, and goals to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulatory guidelines. The supervisor leads, supervises and trains associates to provide competent, courteous and concerned service to customers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Manage the assigned associates; conduct training, complete performance reviews, set goals for individual associates, conduct one-on-one meetings, address personnel issues and provide coaching for ongoing performance improvement.
* Maintain adequate staffing levels and distribution of workload in queue to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLA?s) are met within established metrics.
* Formulate objectives, goals, strategies and plans to ensure efficient and effective operation of the department. Assist manager with short and long term business objectives and implementation of strategic plans.
* Serve as a subject matter expert for credit card systems, product knowledge, collections for internal and external customers. Ensure customer needs are met satisfactorily; provide assistance to associates for escalated customer disputes and complaints for consumer and commercial accounts.
* Stay abreast of changes to applicable credit card regulations and their impacts; communicate changes and/or suggestions to maintain efficiency, compliance and customer satisfaction.
* Maintain procedures to ensure standardized approach and compliance with regulatory requirements and applicable laws relative to credit card collections, including bankruptcies, deceased accounts, etc.
* Coordinate the collection of charged-off credit card accounts with collection agencies and attorneys; ensure accuracy of accounts receivables.
* Assist the Operations Manager in the timely preparation of monthly charge-off reports. Responsible for making sure all collections routine reporting is uploaded to Max monthly.
* Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the banks
* BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
* Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
* Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
* Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
* Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company?s overall operation.
* Foster and promote the proper company image at all times.
Directly supervise 2 or more associates as assigned by the Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Ensure direct reports have completed required compliance training and are adhering to all internal procedures and controls as it relates to bank policy, laws, regulations and Arvest?s BSA/AML Program. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates. The incumbent has the authority and the appropriate influence to make recommendations regarding hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, or any other change of status of other associates within the guidelines of the bank?s procedures and guidelines for such change of status events. The incumbent provides training, planning, assigning, and directing work assignments and schedules; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.