SUMMARY: Under general supervision and direction, the Commercial Banker 2 manages medium to large size secured or asset based credit loans, working capital lines of credit, and treasury opportunities. The incumbent develops commercial relationships for which to market Arvest?s products and services to meet current and future needs of clients. Demonstrates critical thinking, time management, and the ability to prioritize client?s needs and customer service. The incumbent maintains an effective working relationship and open communication with clients to enhance knowledge of business condition opportunities and potential risks. The incumbent utilizes the bank?s available assets to maximize the generation of revenue, profits, deposits, and plus other cross-selling opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Manage medium to large size secured or asset based credit loans, working capital lines of credit, and treasury opportunities. Focus in prospecting is operating business versus investment/transaction opportunities. Prospecting new business in accordance within Arvest policies and procedures and achieve growth goals.
* Develop commercial relationships for which to market Arvest?s products and services to meet current and future needs of clients in accordance with Arvest?s CFB4 process.
* Maintain an effective working relationship and open communication with clients to enhance knowledge of business condition opportunities and potential risks.
* Build internal relationships with other departments such as Treasury Management, International Banking, Wealth Management and Equipment Finance to enhance the overall banking relationship ensuring the client?s business objectives are met.
* Perform ongoing review of portfolio for appropriate customer alignment and focus based on opportunities and market data.
* Cultivate prospects through client referrals, networking, social media, sales calls and participation in professional organizations, social contacts and relationships built in the community.
* Analyze current financial information on existing loans for the purpose of conducting periodic reviews to determine the ongoing credit worthiness of clients.
* Consult with clients and prospective clients to make sound financial recommendations for qualifying services.
* Work within underwriting authority and exercise appropriate discretion daily to analyze loan prospects.
* Actively participate in civic and public relations activities that provides new business for the bank and further development of relationships with existing customers.
* Maintain knowledge and adherence to all federal and state regulations and Arvest Loan Policy and Procedures.
* Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank?s BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
* Cross-sell other services of the bank.
* Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
* Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics that confidential information is safeguarded.
* Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
* Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the bank?s overall operation.
* Promote professionalism at all times.
Directly supervises 1 or more associates as assigned by the Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Ensure direct reports have completed required compliance training and are adhering to all internal procedures and controls as it relates to bank policy, laws, regulations and Arvest?s BSA/AML Program. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates. The incumbent has the authority and the appropriate influence to make recommendations regarding hiring, firing, advancement, promotion, or any other change of status of other associates within the guidelines of the bank?s procedures and guidelines for such change of status events. The incumbent provides training, planning, assigning, and directing work assignments and schedules; addressing complaints and resolving problems.