Vice President, Regulatory CMC (Arlington Heights)
Compensation: $122,260.00 - $195,330.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
AveXis is seeking a Vice President, Regulatory CMC to lead all regulatory CMC business, oversee regulatory CMC activities, and maintains the regulatory CMC applications. Responsible for formulating the regulatory CMC strategy of submissions to the US FDA, EMA, and other regulatory authorities as well as managing interactions with regulatory authorities on CMC issues. Responsibilities
- Create overall regulatory CMC strategy for new product candidates to attain rapid regulatory approvals.
- Develop, lead and drive CMC regulatory strategy for development projects or marketed products with a focus on creativity and innovation, maximizing the business benefit balanced with regulatory compliance.
- Ensure strategies are successfully executed, proactively modifying strategy and actions to adjust to environment changes.
- Lead and drive all CMC content for submission activities (planning, authoring, reviewing, coordination, submission) for original INDs, IND amendments, investigational medicinal product dossiers (IMPD) for inclusion in Clinical Trial Applications, BLAs and MAAs.
- Serve as RA CMC liaison with the FDA and develop global Regulatory contacts.
- Participate in multidisciplinary efforts to prepare CMC updates for regulatory documents including Investigator Brochures, Annual Reports and Background Documents for Regulatory Authority meetings.
- Work with regulatory organizations and partners Europe and Asia to prepare applications, respond to queries to enable maintenance of CMC needs for clinical activities outside of the United States.
- Establish, manage, and maintain a knowledge base of current and emerging CMC regulatory requirements, guidelines, and best practices, and interpret and communicate relevant issues to colleagues.
- Ensure communication and alignment on CMC regulatory strategy through partnership and communication with internal key stakeholders, including representing the regulatory department at strategy and specification committee meetings.
- Assure compliance with regulatory standards and guidance documents.
- Ensure that CMC-related changes are reported to authorities in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct risk assessments of global CMC regulatory issues.
- Builds world class Regulatory CMC functions to meet the Company's growing business needs.
- Maintains and continues to build the Company's excellent reputation with the regulatory authorities.
- Directly supervises employees.
- Indirectly supervises employees through a dotted line structure or via other subordinate managers.
- MS/MA degree in related discipline and 15 years of related experience with at least 5 years at a director or above role; PhD, MD, or PharmD is preferred.
- A proven track record of successes in neurological drug submissions (e.g., NDA, IND, MAA), is preferred.
- Experience with biologics and cell therapy drug development.
- Experience with gene therapy drug development preferred.
- Knowledge of the drug development process, drug laws, and global regulations and requirements.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving ability and presentation skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Preference to manage projects.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Possess ability to apply and integrate the regulatory and compliance experience into business strategy.
- Leads or manages the work of others by providing guidance to subordinates or teams based on organizational goals and company policy, with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to companywide policies and/or divisional programs.
- Develops departmental policies and oversees and/or authorizes their implementation. Establishes organizational policies in a major segment of the company.
- Has extensive knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Applies strong analytical and business communication skills.
- Proficient with broad use computer applications such as MS Office and specialized applications as needed for job.
Travel up to 15% required, US and EU.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Associated topics: advertise, care, endowment, hospital, major gift, market, policies, product market, relation, social media
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...